Mail forwarders allow mail sent to one address to be sent on to another address.
Our system allows forwarders for addresses that already have mailboxes set up, in addition to those that don't.
You can set up a forwarder if you have a hosting package set up, or if you just have an unassigned domain held with us.
Adding a forwarder when a domain is assigned to a hosting package
You can add a forwarder to your hosting package for specific e-mail addresses by following these steps:
- In the "Email" pane of eXtend, click the "Forwarding" icon.
- In the "Email Address to Forward" section, add the e-mail address for which you want to forward mail.
- Add the e-mail addresses you want to forward messages to in the "Destination Addresses" section.
- Click "Create"
Once you've done this, the page should refresh, and the forwarder you added should appear beneath the "Modify an Email Forwarding Address" heading, where you can edit or remove it if needed.
Adding a forwarder when a domain is unassigned
When you have a domain that isn't assigned to a package that's held with BatchHeader, and also using our nameserver, you can set up mail forwarding from your domain control panel.
To do this, just follow these steps:
- Log into your account.
- Click "Manage Domain Names".
- Select the domain you want to set up forwarding on from the "Manage Domain Parking" list, and click "Manage Now".
- Click the "Mail Forwarding" icon.
- Here you can follow similar steps to those outlined for setting up forwarding in hosting packages on just your domain.
If you set up forwarding on an unassigned domain, it can take up to an hour for the forwarder to become active after creation.