If you are logged in as the admin of your site, you will see a grey bar at the top of your screen. This is called the admin bar and it is only visible to anyone who is logged in. The admin bar provides various options and easy access to your site.
When logged in as admin, the admin bar will have the following items:
- The WordPress icon that contains information about wordpress along with support and contact forums.
- if you have multiple sites on a network you can access them under: ‘my sites’ which gives you some quick links that will take you to the dashboard for that site, as well as the new post page; comments; and the site itself.
- Next to ‘my sites’ is the site you are currently on and lists similar options to help you navigate your site.
- This icon takes you directly to the comments page for the current blog and it shows you the number of pending comments that need to be approved.
- The ‘+ new’ icon takes you to the corresponding page in the list below, to add or create new items.
- On the right end of the admin bar is your profile name and avatar icon. From here you can either edit your profile, or log out.
- Lastly, there will be a search icon, that when clicked on, allows you to search for any post or page on your site.