2. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
3. Under E-mail Accounts, click 'Add a new e-mail account', and then click Next.
4. Click IMAP as the type of account that you are creating, and then click Next.
5. Fill out the required settings as following:
Your Name: Your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients when they receive email from you
Email Address: your full email address - eg [email protected]domain.com
Account Type: IMAP (recommended)
Incoming mail server: mail.<domain> - replace <domain> with your domain name, so for example mail.my-domain.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.<domain> - same as the Incoming mail server
Username: your full email address once again
Password: your mail box password
Ensure that 'Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) remains unchecked. This is important as you may experience difficulty sending email with this enabled.
6. Click "More Settings..."
7. Click "Outgoing Server" tab at the top.
8. Mark the box labelled "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
9. Click "Advanced" tab at the top
10. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) box, type 25. *Note, if you have trouble sending e-mail, please try changing this to port 587.
11. Ensure that both 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) options are unchecked
12. Click "Ok" to close the window.
13. Click Next after you have completed entering this configuration information, and then click Finish
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Free SEO Report
Understand how your website is performing our free Search Engine Optimisation report
Yahoo have extremely strict criteria for accepting email and often defer e-mail if they think...
This issue will only occur when downloading mail via POP3. It is not something to...
To recover mail that has been removed from the 'Deleted Items' folder in...
If you are having trouble sending mail but not receiving it, there is a possibility that your ISP...
This usually happens because the nameservers on the affected domain have been changed to make the...